Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Colors, blogging, crafting and vacations

I love colors and I love crafting materials, especially fabric, beads, yarn .......
Since my vacation started (and this year I'm for once not travelling big style) I indulge in the above mentioned. :-)
Besides working in my home office, filing for school, making up the so long neglected house and garden, practicing yoga, watching Le Tour de France and some reading I'm crafting every day. What a good feeling!
I'm sure I won't and can't go on in this speed with crafting, taking pictures and blogging, but well, as long as it last I will enjoy it. Already Friday my programm is changing. For 8 days I will go to Hamburg everyday for the teachings of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and some of the events around that.

During my last christmas vacations I got the idea of sewing a bathroom carpet and a runner for covering the washing maschine. Oh well, I ended up with a rug vom Ikea, at least in one of my favorite colors - turquoise.
Yesterday the do-it-now virus hit me, I dashed into my in winter purchased fabrics and was ready with the decision after only 1 minute. You can see my draft lay-out at my flickr.
Telly-time was used for sewing. Tour de France is so very nice to watch because I know quite a bit of the meters they are showing. I just hate this doping and originally promised myself not to watch. But oh well, watching the TdF after the termpapers are done is equal for me with letting go and starting to relax, normally with a very nice nap while the drivers are doing the work.

---Notes to myself (sewing):---














----right----..................................................................... ----wrong----

Press the seam allowance to one side and the allowance of the second strip to the other side.
Put them under the foot of the sewing maching so that the facing-down seam allowing is directed to you, meaning being in sewing direction. Because it is hard to control you might end up with the mistake from the picture on the right, if you do it opposite way.
It's much easier not getting it caught if the "wrong-running" seam allowance is on top.
The left picture shows the tidy corner.

2 comments:

  1. Tally I am so excited for you to go and listen to the Dalai Lama. He has the kindest face. So gentle and loving.
    Have a blessed time,
    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tally,

    How incredible to be able to listen and be in the Dalai Lama's presence! Something I always dreamed of doing also-know my thoughts are with you :o)

    Enjoy your days at home also,

    Lillian

    ReplyDelete

 
W